Tortoise-shaped Pedestal of Tomb of King Seongdeok
경상북도 유형문화재 제96호
Gyeongsangbuk-do Tangible Cultura Property No. 96
이 귀부는 신라 성덕왕(재위 702-737) 능 앞에 세운 비석 받침돌이다. 거북머리는 깨졌지만, 발은 앞으로 나아가려는 형상을 한다. 귀부 등 가운데는 비신碑身을 꽂은 네모난 홈이 있다. 이에 새긴 거북등 무늬나 당초문唐草紋은 8세기 전반 신라 왕릉에 건립된 귀부 제작 양식을 잘 보여준다고 평가된다. 비신과 머릿돌은 없어졌지만 경덕왕景德王 때 만든 것으로 삼국사기에 보인다. 무열왕릉武烈王陵과 서악동 귀부와는 같은 양식이고, 창립사지昌林寺址 귀부와는 일정한 차이를 보여 7세기 이후에 나타나기 시작하는 귀부 양식을 연구하는데 중요한 자료다.
This is the pedestal of the monument erected for Silla King Seongdeok. The turtle head is missing, but the legs are in an advancing position. On the back are carved the hexagonal tortoise patterns. In the middle of the back there is a hole for the body stone of the stele. The body stone and the capstone are lost. According to Sanguksagi, it was made during the reign of Silla King Gyeongdeok. The turtle-shaped pedestal reflects a typical style of the pedestals between the 7th century and the 8th century.
HERITAGE in PHoTo
- 성덕왕릉 귀부聖德王陵龜趺 2018.06.09
- Changgyeonggung Palace in Autumn 2018.05.05
- Jeseoksa Temple Site 2018.04.11
- THE MARY ROSE BELL 2018.04.06
- Praying 2018.04.03
- Donggung Palace and Wolji Pond in Gyeongju 2018.04.02
- Manangyo Bridge, 만안교(萬安橋) 2018.03.30
- sunrise in Rome 2018.03.30
- Spring over Silla and Tomb 2018.03.29
- A cloudy Seoul? 2018.03.26
Changgyeonggung Palace, Seoul
昌慶宮 / 창경궁
Located in centural Seoul, South Korea, Changgyeong is one of palaces constructed by the Joseon kingdom. It was built in the mid-15th century by King Sejong for his father, Taejong. It was originally named "Suganggung," but it was renovated and enlarged in 1483 by King Seongjong, at which time it received its current name. Many structures were destroyed during the Japanese Invasion of the late 16th century. It was rebuilt by successive Joseon Kings but was once again largely destroyed by the Japanese in the early 20th century, but this time torn down methodically to make room for a modern park, a showplace for the empire, akin to Tokyo's Ueno Park. During the Japanese colonial period, the Japanese built a zoo, botanical garden, and museum on the site. After independence in 1945 and the turmoil and destruction of the 1950-53 Korean War, the zoo was restocked through donations of wealthy Korean and gifts from foreign zoos. In 1983 the zoo and botanical garden were relocated to what is today known as Seoul Land.
From the Baekje Kingdom Period
Iksan City,, Jeollanamdo Province
THE MARY ROSE BELL
This bronze bell is one of the few objects that stayed on the Mary Rose throughout her career. It was made in Malines near Antwerp, a town famous for casting bells. The Flemish inscription running round it reads: 'IC BEN GHEGOTEN INT YAER MCCCCCX'- I was made in the year 1510'-the year Henry VIII ordered the Mary Rose.
It was rung to mark the passing of time, telling the men when to go on or off duty.
The Mary Rose is a carrack-type warship of the English Tudor navy of King Henry VIII. After serving for 33 years in several wars against France, Scotland, and Brittany and after being substantially rebuilt in 1536, she saw her last action on 19 July 1545. While leading the attack on the galleys of a French invasion fleet, she sank in the Solent, the straits north of the Isle of Wight.
The wreck of the Mary Rose was rediscovered in 1971. It was raised in 1982 by the Mary Rose Trust, in one of the most complex and expensive projects in the history of maritime archaeology. The surviving section of the ship and thousands of recovered artefacts are of immeasurable value as a Tudor-era time capsule. The excavation and raising of the Mary Rose was a milestone in the field of maritime archaeology, comparable in complexity and cost only to the raising of the Swedish 17th-century warship Vasa in 1961.
Since the mid-1980s, while undergoing conservation, the remains of the hull have been on display at the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
Today at Jogyesa Temple, Seoul
Photo by Seyun Oh
Situated at the northeast edge of the Wolseong palace site in central Gyeongju, Anapji is an artificial pond constructed by order of King Munmu of Silla Kingdom in 674 CE, and was a part of the Wolseong palace complex, especially for the Crown Prince. The pond irregular shaped seen from above with 200m from east to west and 180m long from north to south contains three small islands symbolizing homelands of "immortals".
The palace complex around the pond was called Donggung, literally the East Palace, and the pond Wolji, literally the moon pond. The Donggung was one of the main palaces of the United Silla Kingdom. Many buildings were located within the palace grounds including Imhaejeon Hall. Parties were reportedly held here to celebrate the festive events of the kingdom or to welcome visitors.
Samguk sagi (History of the Three Kingdoms) has it that "a large pond was excavated at the palace, flowers were planted, and rare birds and strange animals were raised" in the 14th year of the reign of King Munmu (679), "Donggung was established" in the 19th year of the reign of King Munmu(679), and 'a party was held in Imhaejeon for Taejo, the founder of the Goryeo Dynasty" in the 5th year of the reign of King Gyeongsun (931).
Wolji Pond was uncovered during the dredging work beginning in 1975. Wolji became derelict during the Joseon period and later was referred to as Anapji because wild geese and ducks used to flock there. Anapji means "wild goose and duck pond".
The bridge was specially built for the convenience of King Jeongjo(1776-1800) of the Joseon Dynasty and his procession for his annual trips to his father's tomb (his father, also called Sadose ja literally the ilI- Destined Crown Prince, was originally the Crown Prince, but was put to death locked in a wooden box by his own father King Yeongjo due to court intrigue). King Jeongjo is known to have missed his father very much and made a point of paying homage to his father and soothing his father's spirit through annual visits to his tomb, which was moved to Hwasan near Suwon from Yangju after King Jeongjo came to the throne.
The normal route for the royal procession for the annual visit was to cross the Hangang(River) at Noryanglin and then go in the direction of Gwacheon through Dongjak. Many bridges and uphill passes along the route meant a great deal of trouble for the procession. Also, the grave of Kim Yak-No, a brother of Kim Sang-No's who was one of the prime schemers behind the intngue against Sadose ja in the path of the procession. These made King Jeongjo decide to take another route. The newly arranged Siheung -suwon route thus required the procession to cross Anyangcheon(Stream). The Manangyo(bridge) was thus built over the Stream by royal order in 1795 under the supervision of Seo Yu Bang the then Gyeonggi-do Governor, over a period of three months. Because of the amazing elaborateness in the style of construction the bridge is considered the best representation of rainbow shaped stone bridges built in the latter part of the Joseon Dynasty. It was restored to its original condition at its present location which is some distance from the original location due to expansion of the road in 1980. Standing on the southern side of the bridge is a small containing information (composed by the then Gyconggi-do Governor Seo Yu-Bang and written by Jo Yun Hyeng) on how the bridge was built.
경기도 유형문화재 제38호
소재지: 경기도 안양시 만안구 석수동 679
이 다리는 화성이 지극했던 조선 정조(正祖, 1776-1800 제위)가 아버지인 사도세자의 능을 참배하러 가고자 만들었다. 정조는 사도세자 무덤을 양주(楊州)에서 수원 화산으로 옮긴 후 자주 참배함으로써 아버지 윈혼을 위로했다다. 원래 서울에서 수원으로 가는 길은 용산에서 한강을 건너고 노량진과 동작을 거쳐 과천으로 통하는 길이 있다. 그러나 그 길에는 다리가 많고 고갯길이 있어서 행차하는 데 어려움이 많았다. 또한 과천에는 사도세자 처벌에 적극 참여한 김상로(金尙魯)의 형 김약로(金若鲁) 묘를 지나게 되므로 정조가 이를 불쾌히 여겨 시흥-수원 쪽으로 길을 바꾸면서 이곳 안양천을 지나게 되었다. 정조 19년(1795)에 당시 경기도 관찰사 서유방(徐有坊)이 왕명으로 3개월 공사 끝에 이 다리를 완성했다. 만안교는 전체로 보아 축조 양식이 매우 정교해 조선 후기 대표적인 홍예석교로 평가된다. 원래는 남쪽으로 약 460m 떨어진 석수로 교차 지점에 있었는데, 1980년 국도 확장 때 이곳으로 옮겨 복원했다. 다리 남쪽 측면에 축조 당시에 서유방이 글을 짓고 조윤형(曺允亨)이 쓴 만안교비(萬安橋碑)에 이 다리 연혁이 나와 있다.
The sun rises from Tivoli, Italy.
Tivoli is a town and comune in Lazio, central Italy, about 30 kilometres (19 miles) east-north-east of Rome.
For more information see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tivoli,_Lazio
Spring has finally come over a twin-mounded tomb from the Silla kingdom period at Daereungwon, or the Great Tumuli Park , Gyeongju.
'HERITAGE in PHoTo > DOMESTIC' 카테고리의 다른 글
|Donggung Palace and Wolji Pond in Gyeongju (0)||2018.04.02|
|Manangyo Bridge, 만안교(萬安橋) (0)||2018.03.30|
|Spring over Silla and Tomb (0)||2018.03.29|
|A cloudy Seoul? (0)||2018.03.26|
|Stupa Encountering Peony Flowers (0)||2018.03.23|
|Korean Traditional Shoes (0)||2018.03.19|
Seoul in Fog or Smog, do'nt know, maybe in both, Viewed from National Museum of Korean Contemporary History.
Sejong Center for the Performing Arts in the center of the capital is located along the Sejongno, a main road that cuts through the capital city.