본문 바로가기
문화재현장

Copenhagen ca. 1530

by Herodopedia taeshik.kim 2020. 10. 5.

 

 

 

1530년 무렵 코펜하겐 
Copenhagen ca. 1530

The town was founded in the lee of some small islands by the best natural harbour in the Sound. 

In 1167, Bishop Absalon built his famous castle on the largest of these islands, the place where Christiansborg (The Danish Parliamend stands today). 

During the next hundred years, Copenhagen expanded quickly. 

The town area was about 70 hectares, and was surounded by a moat and ramparts nearly 2400 metres long. 

 

 

 


The town stretched from the modern Town Hall Square in the west, to Kongens Nytorv in the east, and from Norreport to Gammel Strand, which lies roughly along the original coast line.

 

 

 


The built-up area's size and the way it looked at the end of the medieval period, about the time of the reformation in 1536, can be seen in this reconstruction. 

Today, there's next to nothing left of these buildings, but the narrow crooked streets in the inner city still bear witness to the old medieval town. 

 

 

 


The model town is made of fired stoneware, and was originally created by Pastor Steen Andersen and the potter Jorger. Balsłoy. 

Since 1986, it has been thoroughly restored by the potter Ulla Gravesen.

 

 

 

 

Museum of Copenhagen, Københavns Museum er igen åbent, October 13th, 2010

댓글0